Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I was shot today!

So today work gave out flu vaccines. I got two, just for good measure. K, not really, I'm not that sadistic. Jordan came to work to get his flu shot too. We were both really nervous 'cause we're not fans of the whole ordeal, but it's definitely worth it 'cause I don't want to spend the whole ski season sick! I couldn't watch and I think that helped a lot. In fact I couldn't watch others get theirs either, but Jordan watched everyone ahead of us get theirs and I thought he was crazy. He hadn't had a flu shot in quite a while so he wasn't sure what exactly to expect and was worried that it was going to hurt a lot. It was adorable, actually. I was worried for him that he was going to be in pain, and then I would never get him in to gets shots ever again.

The nurse was getting everything ready and he was sitting there all tensed up and she had to tell him to relax, so he tried to loosen up. Then she started to fill the needle with the vaccine and he tightened up again and she told him to loosen his muscles. Then when she started putting the rubbing alcohol on him he tensed and she had to tell him to relax again. He laughed and said he was trying really hard to relax. When she said that it was going to be a lot more painful if he was tensed that did the trick and he loosed right up. Well, long enough for her to stick him that is. I was relieved when he said that it wasn't bad at all. Phew, we survived!

After that we went to lunch, which was a lot of fun. He used to come eat lunch with me at work every now and then on his days off. I absolutely love when he comes to lunch and I miss it a lot. Now that he is on this crappy work schedule he's usually sleeping and I wouldn't want him to stay awake just to get lunch with me.

So, all in all today has been a good day. Work has gone by really fast, even though there hasn't been a whole lot for me to do. I sure clocked a lot of hours playing settlers, which I can't really complain about. OH, and I'm sure you're sick of hearing about my skiing obsession, but Alta now has 34 inches of snow. That's another 17 inches since this morning! 34 inches in 2 days is freaking amazing! I feel a giggle rising in my throat!

No comments: