Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cow-napped!!!

Someone stole my cow!

A little background . . .

Last Easter I got some plastic eggs for an Easter egg hunt for my nephews, and I filled them with candy and toys. Have you ever seen those capsules that, when you put them in water, they turn into little foamy things? Well, I think those are pretty fantastic so I got some that turned into dinosaurs and put them into the Easter eggs. After the hunt and the eggs were all collected I was lamenting that I hadn't kept one for myself and my sis-in-law kindly gave me one. I was pretty darn thrilled. I put it in my purse and thought of the possiblities- would this little blue capsule be a triceratops, or a raptor, or a brontosaurus? I desperately wanted it to be a T-REX!

I forgot about it until the next day as I was sitting at work bored and suddenly thoughts of a foam blue T-Rex danced merrily into my head. I quickly whipped it out, and dunked the thing in water and waited for my T-Rex to hatch. It took forever, we're talking like 20 minutes of anxious waiting for my T-Rex. As it was hatching I could see the back legs and was convinced it definitely was a T-Rex because it was vertical instead of horizontal like most dinos and had a very T-Rexy tail. I celebrated my T-Rex with my coworkers, who were considerably less excited. It slowly came out of its little plastic casing and as it did it became more and more evident that it was a T-Rex.

It was mostly out and I couldn't wait any longer! So, I finished taking it out of it's shell, wringed it out and held up my awesome foam T-Rex, jubilant! Then I noticed something strange on my T-Rex's belly; there was stuff sticking out of it, and then I noticed the front legs were the same length as the back legs, which couldn't be right. And then it hit me- My precious T-Rex was . . . a COW! With utters, and hooves and a tail that could be mistaken for a long dino tail if I may say in my defense.

Needless to say, I was crushed and utterly heartbroken, but here I was with a blue foam cow. After investing so much time and excitement, it felt wrong to disregard the poor thing. So, I put him on my desk as a reminder to either look on the bright side of things, or that life sucks and you don't always get what you want, I'm not sure, I think it really depends on the situation.

BUT SOMEONE STOLE HIM!!! Who would steal a little blue foam cow off my desk? I leave my ipod on my desk every now and then, but the cow is the thing that is stolen. I have looked all over my desk, behind my monitors, under my desk, and everywhere I possibly could. I think someone is holding him hostage somewhere and I’m determined to get to the bottom of this!

I think I need to send out an Amber Alert.

No comments: