Wednesday, October 1, 2008

And The Results Are In!

So I finished "The Hunger Games" yesterday and I felt like I need to report back and let you know the verdict. I loved it, it was so good! I was worried it was going to be bloody and gory and have a lot of detail of how they kill each other 'cause it just didn't seem to match the tone that was already set at the first bit of the book, but it wasn't like that at all. Of course, the whole idea was that there were 24 people and only 1 winner, so the deaths were the whole basis of the story, but it wasn't all blood lust and evil harshness. I thought it was very tastefully done (considering they're still killing each other).

Also, I was right, one of the guy was definitely in love with the main character, which made the whole story because of the complex situation being that in the end only one can survive, yet you can't help hold onto the hope that they will find a way around the rules. It's tragic really, yet I was completely satisfied with how it was done.

Well, let me rephrase that, I was mostly satisfied with how it was done. There was only a couple of pages left and I was 100% confident that it was going to end exactly the way I wanted it to . . . and then all of a sudden . . . the book just ends. I was so mad 'cause I didn't know it was the first book of a trilogy and suddenly I don't get to see how it ends! It gets worse. Yes, at that point I didn't think it could get any more frustrating than the book just cutting off. I quickly look up the trilogy and it's very new; the first book just came out and the 2nd hasn't yet. And worse still- every web site that mentions the author's projects still stay that she is currently writing The Hunger Games, so they're way out of date and no mention to when the 2nd comes out. BOO!

I guess I will have to find another book to get lost in. Any suggestions? I ordered "The Host" a couple days ago and it should come today, I hope. Seriously though, any suggestions? :)

2 comments:

Christina said...

harry potters always a good one, i've been rereading em and watching the movies afterward, of course this drives nate nuts cuz i'm commenting the whole movie what was left out or how that wasn't suposed to hapen or how they put 2 sequenses together and that's just not right, also there are some nora roberts trilogys that I REALLY enjoy! I know your probly saying isn't she a romance writer? yes she is. but her books are soo much more story than smut as nate would call it. she has a few murder mysteries one's montana sky, the other is sanctuary, they're both good though montana sky is a little more disturbing than the other. hope this helps!

lvs2dance said...

The host is da bomb! I will warn you though, it is a tough one to get into, it took me about 75 pages and then I was hooked. I just might try reading this one that you just finished