Monday, February 8, 2010

Conversations

I've come to the realization that we sometimes have peculiar conversations:



Bre: "Where's Kea's collar?"

Jordan: "It's off foxtrotting."

Bre: "It sure loves to foxtrot."

Jordan: "It's found another collar it admires."

Bre: "Ah, and it's wooing it with a foxtrot."

********

Nick: "What're you watching, is that To Catch a Predator?"

Maggie: "Umm, that's The Bachelor."

Jordan: "Uh, I don't see the difference."


********


Jordan: "You're going to break the couch."

Bre: "Scuze me?"

Jordan: "You're not supposed to sit on the arm of the couch, it'll break."

Bre: "Oh, I didn't realize there was an Idiot's Guide to Couch-Sitting handbook."

Jordan: "There is, and it's on the first page."

Bre: "I would think the first page would be the Table of Contents."

Jordan: "No, 'cause it's only one page."


********
Once upon a time Jordan and I went to the new movie theater behind the University Mall. It was quite a busy night and parking was bad. Miraculously, we came upon a golden parking spot up front, and for some reason it was closer than all of the handicapped spots. Jordan was worried that he would get towed anyway, and was convinced there is no way he should be able to park closer than the handicapped spots. So he passed up the parking spot, and I watched the guy behind us take it, and we had to park far away and hike in the cold. I never let him live it down.

Another day we went and this spot was open again.

Bre: "Park there and redeem yourself!"

Jordan: "I can't, it doesn't make sense!"

Bre: "PARK there and REDEEM yourself!"

Jordan: "I'll get towed."

Bre "PARK THERE! REDEEM YOURSELF!"

Jordan: "It's illegal."

Bre: "PARK THERE AND REDEEM YOURSELF!!!!!"

Jordan mercifully pulls into this blessed spot;

Jordan: "I REDEEMED MYSELF!!!!"

Bre: "YOU REDEEMED YOURSELF!!!"

***After the movie***

Bre: "My, what a delicious parking spot."

Jordan: "I redeemed myself."

********

1 comment:

Jeanie Doll said...

I love the couch and parking convos! So funny!