Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Another Post About My Impending Doom

The Sunday before last my car's transmission went out, so I have been without a car. Jordan and I have been juggling his car trying to make it work to get both of us to work and other various activities. It has been less than fun. What has worked best is for me to drive Jordan to work and then go to work myself, and then pick him up after I get off.
What I find absolutely remarkable is the crappiness of Jordan's car in relation to the amount of complaining he does about his car. Let me be more specific; he does zero complaining, and his car is an 8 on the crap-o-meter. Sure, it looks fine (as in "meh") on the outside, but the idea of having to drive it on the freeway scares the poo out of me, trying to go up a hill guarantees honks from those behind you as it has little to no "get-up-and-go" (rhyme!) and what I had no idea of until recently is it completely dies if you idle, go slow, or think bad thoughts about Britney Spears.

I learned this little fact when I was pulling up at Jordan's work and all of a sudden the steering went out and I couldn't turn the wheel. I was confused and convinced I had broken his car when he calmly explained that it had died. Maybe this is the car that should be in the shop, since mine appeared to be in better condition sans transmission. (Rhyme!)

I fully explored the joys of this feature when I started to pull out onto State Street and it died while I was pulling into traffic. Let's have a conversation about the adrenaline boost I got; I had to throw that puppy in park, start it back up, put it back in drive and peel out before the car dying became the least of my concerns. I've had this happen a couple times, and I asked Jordan this morning if the car ever died on him while he was pulling into traffic. He said no, and my worst fears were confirmed -The car was out to get me.

I've had this theory for a while.

From the time he got that car whenever I tried to eject a CD from the stereo, it wouldn't work. It would just rudely buzz and ignore me. But Jordan had never ever had a problem ejecting a CD, but any time I tried, it wouldn't work. I began to get the feeling that his car was jealous of the Mrs. and wanted Jordan to herself.

I have been without a car for over a week now, and every time I get in Jordan's car I'm convinced this is the day the car will die while I'm pulling into traffic and I will be struck on the driver's side by a semi hauling logs.

BUT, on the plus side, I do get to come home to this face every day:

No comments: