Friday, November 12, 2010

The Things I Do To Keep Entertained

I love my job, but like most jobs there are times when I'm swamped, and other times that are really slow.  There doesn't seem to be any happy medium.  Oddly enough, I'm not much a fan of the slow times 'cause I don't like feeling like a slacker (even if it's because there's nothing for me to do) and also when I'm not busy the time goes slower and an eight hour shift feels like a 12 hour shift.

I'm able to entertain myself somewhat on the internet, but you can only check facebook so many times, and catching up on everyone's blogs doesn't take much time.  I've had to get a little creative in finding things to keep me entertained.

My latest piece of joy has suceeded in making the day go a lot faster.  A coworker of mine found a dramatic reading of Lord of the Rings.  If you're not familiar with dramatic readings, they're different from audio books because rather than having one person read the book word for word they have a whole cast who each reads a character, and they add in sound effects and the like.  Since they're older they tend to be incredibly cheesy and fantastically entertaining.

I started listening and it took my mind off the boredom, but then I began to think that there was definitely something to up the ante.

Lord of the Rings Bingo!
What a delight.

No comments: