Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A New Day!

A little late, but as promised, here are pics of the newest member of the Day family!
I knew she was going to be tiny, but when I saw her I was blown away by her size! I couldn't believe how ridiculously tiny she is. When she runs she goes all over the place so fast that I'm scared I'm going to step on her.

We picked her up early two Thursdays ago and she was scared just from the hub bub of the transfer, but once we got her to the car, and out of her crate she was ecstatic to meet us. We got her home and she was running all over the place exploring new sights and smells. She instantly found a cat toy and carried it around with her, and it's still her favorite toy. It's a good thing the kitties never played with it anyway.

We decided to name her Bella. Jordan picked it out, and it just fit her for some reason 'cause it sounded like a petite little name for her, and it means beautiful, which frankly she is.

We weren't planning on getting her a sweater, but all the books we read said that because they are so small, and their fur is so short they get cold really easy, so we did get something to keep her warm, and it's a good thing we did 'cause the poor thing gets so cold, and loves to bury down in a blanket to sleep. So that's why there's a million pics of her in her sweater. Now that it's getting warmer she doesn't need it as much, and hasn't even had to wear it for the last couple days.

We were training her to use a puppy litter box (I was surprised there was such a thing), but that hasn't worked out so well, so we decided to focus on pee pads, since she's already getting the hand of those, and when she's 100% trained on those we'll move the pad into the litter box and then eventually take the pad away. She's been really easy to train, and has done really well! The only trick is to not leave any blankets or jackets on the floor 'cause she thinks that those are her pad as well. She's definitely picked up the idea fast, and I'm very proud of her!

The sucky thing is I've had so much negative feedback about my puppy. I'm really getting sick of it. Everyone makes fun of me for getting a Chihuahua, for putting her in a sweater, and they're making fun of my pup. I'm so excited to have a puppy after waiting so long to get one, and it's really frustrating that out of everyone I know there isn't a lot of support just because of the breed I chose. I don't get why people care. When you guys get a dog, you can get whatever breed you want. As for us, there are so many reasone why this breed works for us, and if you don't like it, seriously keep it to yourself. You don't need to ruin my joy just to get your lame opinion out there. I'm serious- If you've got negative crap to dish out to me, then just keep it to yourself. When you love someone or something it's not fun to have it rubbed in mud, so to speak.

Now that I've gotten that rant off my chest, here are pictures already! :) She's only a little baby, probably two months old we think.

No comments: