Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The World's Most Awkward Conversation

At the Subway Drive Thru window:

Employee: "Hi, how're you?"

Bre: "Uh, good.  And you?"

Employee: "Your total is $8.00"

I hand him my card, he stops in the middle of taking it from me.

Employee: "Oh, I'm good.  Having a good day."

Bre: "Well, good.  That's good."

"Employee: "Here's your sandwich."

Bre: "Thank you."

Employee: "And this is your drink."

Bre: "Thank you."

Employee: "Have a good night!"

Bre: "Thanks, you too." 

And I prepare to pull out.  Suddenly, he leans out the window.

Employee: "Looks like it's going to rain."

Bre: "Oh...really?"

Employee:  "Just look at those clouds, I think it's going to rain.  It's dark."

Bre: "Uh huh....Ok, bye!"

Employee: "See ya!"

And then I high-tailed it out of there.

1 comment:

Jeanie Doll said...

I hate when people do this because it always happens when I am in the worst mood. I always want to say, do I have to pay extra for your commentary or am I getting all this quick whit for free?! So awkward! I especially hate when the Wal-mart cashier comments on something I purchase. I expect all cashiers to check me out without looking at any of my purchases!